Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Intriguing

Last night, someone suggested that we plant a church in the Hell's Kitchen neighborhood of Manhattan. Hell's Kitchen is named as such because there is a warm wind that tunnels through the neighborhood in the summer months, but Hell's Kitchen was also a not-so-nice place for a time. It's changed a lot in the past decades and more families are starting to live there.

Both Steve and I find the potential for a "Hell's Kitchen Community Church" quite intriguing.

It's a "wicked" juxtaposition of words and concepts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I recieved some cookies from "Hells Kitchen" I won't give out names but my niece Tami sent me some choc chip cookies so black that even I could not eat them. She is a preahers wife also, so I think this all make good sense.