Monday, December 04, 2006

Extrovert

I am an extrovert. And because I am an extrovert, I need to tell you about it.

I am also an optimist, a bit naive, and a tad idealistic. Bear with me.

I know these things not only from the multiple Myers Briggs personality tests that I've taken over the years (ENFP, in case you're wondering), but also from this fact: I am utterly energized by the people of this city.

There are times on the sidewalk when a wave of appreciation for the crowd streaming around me will stop me in my tracks.

Each person, loved by God.
Each person, uniquely created.

What is your joy? I wonder.
What is your pain?
What do you dream?
What stops you from dreaming?
What is your story?

At those times, I am thrilled that my story has crossed paths with the story of the people who shared the sidewalk with me, if only for a moment. I walk on, wondering whose story will intersect with mine in a more comprehensive way.

And I am simply happy that God has brought me to this place.

2 comments:

Tina said...

That's great to hear that you are thouroughly enjoying yourself in NYC.

Lorraine said...

NYC is truly one of the greatest cities in the world and I love that you are finding a home there. It's going to be very exciting to see what God does with you all.

Now I suddenly feel an urge to go listen to "Annie".

Amen for NYC,...