One of Jonathan's favorite movies these days is Robots. One of the characters in the movie, Mr. Bigweld, has a slogan for the company he runs. "See a Need, Fill a Need."
Our family has been the beneficiary of Mr. Bigweld's slogan recently. As we walk the first steps of this journey toward ministry in NYC, we have only to recognize a need, and God fills it.
- Need someone who knows what they're doing to teach you how to build Christian community in a huge city? Done--Steve is accepted into the Fellows program at Redeemer.
- Need a whole pile of money to cover the mammoth cost of living in a huge city? It's arriving daily, from people and places we never imagined.
- Need to prove employment in order to rent an apartment? No problem, Dana can keep her job for a while and work remotely.
- Need a local church family to embrace the vision and ordain Steve? Caledonia CRC is amazing.
- Need constant prayer? Excellent, we have people all over the country praying for us.
As excited as we are to begin this good thing, we are also a bit anxious and somewhat terrified. Witnessing God's good care for our family affirms us, keeps us from looking down at the waves and starting to sink.
Thank you, God, for every good thing.