Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Surrey Sans Fringe

We've been exploring Governor's Island recently. Governor's Island, which rests in the harbor just south of Manhattan, is an old army/coast guard facility turned national park. The island is accessible only by ferry.

Our last trip included a surrey rental... the kiddos found it quite conveniently relaxing that their feet couldn't reach the pedals. I found it quite perplexing and patronizing that the steering wheel on my side was for looks only, and no matter how fast or furiously I turned it, Steve maintained absolute directional control.




































































2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm glad you got a chance to explore the island, it fascinate me.

Are there any residents there?

Lorraine said...

Chicks and ducks and geese better scurry!